The National Day of Andorra is 8th September also known as Our Lady of Meritxell Day. This is the patron saint of Andorra. See also the rich history of the region as well as the history behind their national day. The public holidays for Andorra has also been added below.
National Day of Andorra
Our Lady of Meritxell is the patron saint of Andorra, and her sanctuary is located in the village of Meritxell. The National Day of Andorra celebrates the country’s history and culture, as well as its independence and sovereignty. Andorra is a small landlocked country located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains of Europe. It is situated between France to the west and north and Spain to the south and east.
See also the National Day of Andalusia Spain as well as the National Day of Bahrain.
Public Holidays in Andorra
Here are the public holidays in Andorra:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Epiphany – January 6th
- Constitution Day – March 14th
- Good Friday – the date varies every year according to the Gregorian calendar
- Easter Monday – the date varies every year according to the Gregorian calendar
- Labour Day – May 1st
- Whit Monday – the date varies every year according to the Gregorian calendar
- National Day (Our Lady of Meritxell Day) – September 8th
- All Saints’ Day – November 1st
- Immaculate Conception – December 8th
- Christmas Day – December 25th
- St. Stephen’s Day – December 26th
Please note that some public holidays may be subject to change. Likewise there is also the Tasmania public holidays as well as the Bahrain public holidays.