Firstly the National Day of Azerbaijan is 28 May (Republic Day, independence from the Transcaucasian Democratic Federative Republic 1918). This is also known as Republic Day or Day of the First Republic. Finally this to to celebrate the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in 1918.
National Day of Azerbaijan
Likewise on the 28th May 1918, the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic was founded as the first democratic and secular republic in the Muslim world. This also came with its own constitution, parliament, and government. This was a significant event in the history of Azerbaijan as it marked the beginning of the country’s independence and sovereignty.
Public Holidays in Azerbaijan
Firstly here are the public holidays observed in Azerbaijan:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- International Women’s Day – March 8th
- Novruz Bayrami (Spring Festival) – March 20th to 24th (inclusive)
- Victory Day – May 9th
- Republic Day – May 28th
- Armed Forces Day – June 26th
- Eid al-Fitr (Ramadan Feast) – dates vary based on the Islamic lunar calendar
- National Independence Day – October 18th to 19th (inclusive)
- Constitution Day – November 12th
- National Flag Day – November 17th
Finally in addition to these holidays, there are also several non-working days that are observed in Azerbaijan, including Solidarity Day, National Revival Day, and National Salvation Day.