The National Day of Alderney is on the 9th May (Liberation Day, the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II 1945). Algeria 1st November (start of the War of Independence in 1954). See the history of their independence day.
National Day of Alderney
This day is also known as Homecoming Day or La Fête des Normands, and it commemorates the return of the Channel Islands to British control after the end of World War II.
Public Holidays in Alderney
Here are the public holidays in Alderney:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Liberation Day – May 9th
- Spring Bank Holiday – last Monday in May
- Summer Bank Holiday – last Monday in August
- Christmas Day – December 25th
- Boxing Day – December 26th
In addition, the Bailiwick of Guernsey has two additional public holidays which are not observed in Alderney:
- May Day – first Monday in May
- Guernsey’s National Day – June 30th