The National Day of Kosovo is on the 17 February being the 2008 Kosovo declaration of independence.This celebrates the anniversary of the declaration of independence of the Republic of Kosovo in 2008. Kosovo as you will well know is a small country located in the Balkans.
National Day of Kosovo
Likewise the declaration of independence was made by the Assembly of Kosovo in Pristina. This is the capital city of Kosovo. It took many years to bring about the recognition of its independence. The only two countries who did not recognise it was Serbia (National Day of Serbia) as well as Russia (National Day in Russia).
The National Day of Kosovo is a day of celebration for the people of Kosovo and a reminder of the importance of the country’s independence and sovereignty. It is celebrated with parades, concerts, and other cultural events across the country, as well as by the Kosovar diaspora around the world.
Public Holiday in Kosovo
The following are the main public holidays in Kosovo:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Orthodox Christmas Day – January 7th
- Independence Day – February 17th
- International Women’s Day – March 8th
- Nowruz – March 21st (the Persian New Year)
- Labour Day – May 1st
- Europe Day – May 9th
- Eid al-Fitr – the end of Ramadan (the date varies each year)
- Eid al-Adha – the Feast of Sacrifice (the date varies each year)
- National Youth Day – November 7th
- Christmas Day – December 25th
You can also see the National Day of Liechtenstein on here.