The National Day of France is on the 14 July (Bastille Day, 14 July 1789). Likewise this is also known as Bastille Day or French Independence Day. This celebrates the storming of the Bastille prison on the 14th July 1789. This was a turning point in French history in that the French Revolution was the start of the modern French nation.
National Day of France
Additionally Bastille Day is the English name for the French National Day,. This is celebrated annually on the 14th July. It is there to celebrate the storming of the Bastille prison on the 14th July 1789. This we known as a pivotal point in French history.
Although the Bastille was a fortress and prison in Paris. Accordingly it was seen as a symbol of the absolute monarchy and the tyranny of the French government. Then on the 14th July a group of French citizens stormed the Bastille. They had been hoping to obtain weapons and ammunition to fight the government. Afterwards the storming of the Bastille became a powerful symbol of the people’s struggle against oppression, and it marked the beginning of the French Revolution.
The French National Day is an important symbol of unity and pride for the French people, and is celebrated with great enthusiasm throughout the country.
Public Holidays in France
Firstly these holidays are:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Easter Monday – variable date, usually in April
- Labor Day – May 1st
- Victory in Europe Day – May 8th
- Ascension Day – variable date, 40 days after Easter
- Whit Monday – variable date, 50 days after Easter
- National Day – July 14th
- Assumption Day – August 15th
- All Saints’ Day – November 1st
- Armistice Day – November 11th
- Christmas Day – December 25th
In addition to these national holidays, there are also regional holidays that vary by region.
Incoming search terms:
- national day of france
- france national day
- National Day in France
- national day france
- France National Day wiki
- when is national france day
- French national day
- national day of france and india
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1832 92WEms0Kg3J7nwcj1gp_VajNwlKAxS6MDWKQVAeILF6h0pdoGHpTSkgQjDTLgreg 9d83828d33c6d4ae7eac9fd76d4864ff2a7e68b7&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- national days for france
- the national day of france